.::Relax Lounge v1.7::.
Welcome to Relax Lounge! This is THE place to relax. This forum is the best place to have fun, but your not registered! Join in the fun, and register! There is more to our special members. Very Happy

What Is Technology

Go down

What Is Technology

Post by NIGHT-RIDER1 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Twisted Evil Technology is a broad concept that deals with human as well as other animal species' usage and knowledge of tools and crafts, and how it affects a species' ability to control and adapt to its environment. Technology is a term with origins in the Greek technología (τεχνολογία) — téchnē (τέχνη), 'craft' and -logía (-λογία), the study of something, or the branch of knowledge of a discipline.[1] However, a strict definition is elusive; "technology" can refer to material objects of use to humanity, such as machines, hardware or utensils, but can also encompass broader themes, including systems, methods of organization, and techniques. The term can either be applied generally or to specific areas: examples include "construction technology", "medical technology", or "state-of-the-art technology". afro

The human species' use of technology began with the conversion of natural resources into simple tools. The prehistorical discovery of the ability to control fire increased the available sources of food and the invention of the wheel helped humans in travelling in and controlling their environment. Recent technological developments, including the printing press, the telephone, and the Internet, have lessened physical barriers to communication and allowed humans to interact freely on a global scale. However, not all technology has been used for peaceful purposes; the development of weapons of ever-increasing destructive power has progressed throughout history, from clubs to nuclear weapons. lol!

Technology has affected society and its surroundings in a number of ways. In many societies, technology has helped develop more advanced economies (including today's global economy) and has allowed the rise of a leisure class. Many technological processes produce unwanted by-products, known as pollution, and deplete natural resources, to the detriment of the Earth and its environment. Various implementations of technology influence the values of a society and new technology often raises new ethical questions. Examples include the rise of the notion of efficiency in terms of human productivity, a term originally applied only to machines, and the challenge of traditional norms. farao

Philosophical debates have arisen over the present and future use of technology in society, with disagreements over whether technology improves the human condition or worsens it. Neo-Luddism, anarcho-primitivism, and similar movements criticise the pervasiveness of technology in the modern world, opining that it harms the environment and alienates people; proponents of ideologies such as transhumanism and techno-progressivism view continued technological progress as beneficial to society and the human condition. Indeed, until recently, it was believed that the development of technology was restricted only to human beings, but recent scientific studies indicate that other primates and certain dolphin communities have developed simple tools and learned to pass their knowledge to other generations. Evil or Very Mad

--Post size shortened - Dumbo--

NIGHT-RIDER1
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Re: What Is Technology

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Wow, long. Google again Alex? Question
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

http://relaxlounge.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Wow,
(refers to previous post)
i'd be very supprised if someone expet a scientist wrote that themselfs
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:27 pm

I know, It's from Wikipedia, so people add to it willy-nilly. I doubt half the stuff on there isn't true.

| |
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pets49_6 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Wow a lot of words I would read but some of those words look big and I don't feel like reading
Pets49_6

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Thats what happens during vacation. People get too lazy to do anything. XD

| |
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down